Kill Events are often the number one reason most of us play World War Rising or have played any game similar in the past. There is nothing that compares to seeing those massive battle reports and annihilating the enemy in ways you never thought possible. There is nothing like the thrill of anticipation as you find a target, set the rally, and watch as you speed to the target. Will it burn?? Will I get capped?
Very few events give us the same type of excitement as a Region Versus Region Kill Event.
It’s Coming! Prep Time
Aside from rumors, the first real indication that an RvR Kill Event is coming would be in the blog. It’s always extremely exciting when the first is announced! All this time of carefully growing and building is about to pay off! Kill Event is coming! Hopefully, before now, you and your alliance have had plenty of time to test setups, practice rallying, and have had the chance to see how your base performs in battle from in region fighting that has already happened.
It’s coming and you’re prepared. So what now?
Typically a Region will work on a few things before a Kill Event comes. How a Region is run in general has more than likely already been decided and it will include what will happen during Kill Events.
There are a few common themes that many Regions (certainly not all) follow:
- Purge- As it sounds, a Region may band together to wipe out all weak troops left in the open carelessly to prevent the Enemy Region from scoring points against the home team. Announcements are made in Region chat beforehand to warn of a Purge, and often when it begins, to get as many in the region to help and begin working together in preparation for the main event.
- Pull from Tiles– Even if your Region has a “No Tile Hitting” Agreement, your enemy Regions will most definitely not. Be sure you do not leave any large amount of high-level troops on tiles anywhere. Lots of points are potentially made from tiles.
- Create a Region Target Room- This helps the entire region get involved. Cords can be posted and attackers have a ready list of potential targets, saving search time and allowing for more kill time.
- Make Sure Members of Your Alliance are Properly Prepared– This means making sure all who need to be are shielded, and you have those needing reinforcements close by. Have a plan to reinforce those that need it quickly, if at all possible.
- Have Alliance Members Stock Up on Loyalty- This is an incredible way to get all of your alliance members involved with the fighting.
- Make Rally Presets- Come up with a set Rally Preset Set Up within your alliance. It is helpful for everyone that fights together to have similar presets when possible. This not only saves time but helps to avoid errors when sending troops needed.
- Check that Serums are Made- I often try to keep at least one of each type of Serum on the Ready so that you are prepared for any scenario during RvR.
- Double Check Hero and Squad Configurations- It’s a good idea to double-check that your hero and squad are skilled correctly and all available points are utilized correctly.
- Do a Preliminary Target Search- Take a look around the region you will be fighting. Looking at gear and bookmarking targets ahead of time is a great way to compare what is happening at the beginning of the event. It’s often a good (not positive) indication that a player may or may not be on the game, therefore a potential target.
The Event Begins
Your Base is ready, your Alliance is ready, the Region is ready. The first thing you want to do is to collect your Global Gift if one is available. If you are given a Region vs Region teleport, you can use this item to now travel to other lands for the event! You can now choose one region to go per port. (Keep in mind you can not go home unless you have a home port or the time on your RvR teleport runs out. Once you leave a Region, you can not go back, even if there was time left on a port.)
If your alliance has a CP Team (Control Point), typically they will have picked out an enemy CP and ported there the moment the event clock rolled over. CP battles can be fun and exciting, especially when you now have the opportunity to face more enemies! This is the first opportunity you will have to size up the competition if you have Alpha Commander aspirations in the future.
Rally teams have also begun to search for targets and set Rallies. If you are on a Rally Team, be sure to follow what the Rally Leader requests to the letter. If you send to a Rally incorrectly, drop from the alliance and reapply. This will remove your march from the alliance rally so that you can refill with the correct troops. On occasion, some alliances will designate an r4 to check rally fill and when incorrect, boot the alliance member, and send an invite back to the alliance to refill correctly. Remember this is NOT personal and ONLY to protect alliance troops and gain more points in the event.
There are many jobs that any member in the alliance can have to participate in the Kill portion of an RvR.
- CP Rally Lead- This is as it states. Typically an alliance only has 1-3 Accounts capable of this role.
- CP Rally Filler- These are dedicated members of the CP Rally team that fill with Squads, and/or troops. They often fill dual roles that are listed below.
- Rally Troop Speeder- This role can be filled by any member in the alliance that spent time-saving up loyalty points previously. On the rally screen, anyone can help by boosting march speed with loyalty.
- Eyes- This Role is EXTREMELY important and can also be filled by anyone in the alliance. Pick a trusted alliance member to help keep an eye on the rally clock, gear changes, bases porting in, reinforcements sent, or squad changes (with a scout).
- Base/Garrison Rally Lead- This is also as it states. Again, there is typically not an abundance of rally leads in any one alliance. These are often the next most advanced accounts in an alliance and will work on gathering alliance points through Base and Garrison rallies.
- Base/Garrison Rally Filler- Similar to the CP Rally Filler, this role is filled by those able to take hits while unshielded and have the correct troops needed to add to rallies.
- Rally Check- As mentioned above this is often an r4 roll (although certainly not always) for the simple fact if the rally fill is incorrect, and r4 can kick the alliance member that sent the incorrect troops, as well as send an invite back or accept back into the alliance to save time. This person needs to be well trusted and someone that understands the rally leads style.
- Target Scouters- Once again, this role can be filled by any member of the alliance. Target Scouters should be able to recognize proper targets for the current rally leads setting or soloists looking for targets.
- Solo Attackers- These alliance members can be any size as long as targets are accessed carefully. Although much of the time these members are some of the larger accounts, a trap or two has been known to find a target as well.
- Traps- Traps are defensive accounts deceptive in appearance that are able to earn points by baiting larger attackers with accounts that tend to be much less in size and growth.
Typically during any Kill Event, there will be several chances to score if you are killing troops. Sometimes points may be earned by hospitalizing troops. On occasion, it may be to only kill a particular tier of troops. Be sure to read each event requirement carefully.
Be sure to check the Event Window for all of the ways you are able to earn points during the kill event.
Keep in Mind
The main desire of every RvR participant is winning. Winning battles, winning titles, and ultimately winning the event is the goal. The happy side effect is the killing of mass quantities of your enemy’s troops. Whether attacking and looking for those massive numbers, or a trap looking for a cap (capturing the enemy’s hero), the teamwork and dedication that you and your alliance have cemented are now proving worth the effort as you tear up the enemy region!
One thing to keep in mind during an RvR is that your enemy regions may not operate as yours does. As mentioned before, there may (most certainly WILL) be tile hitting. Some traps may not release heroes in order to try and bait more rallies. Attackers may hold on to heroes as well for boosts that help their bases. Some players may troll (trash talk) at a more extreme rate than you are used to. Be prepared for changes. You, your alliance, and your region are more than likely on your own.
Also, consider the possibility that some players may be more advanced than you are used to in an enemy region. This could be true for both attackers and trappers. It’s possible that the other region may have bigger spenders or more players that have played these types of games before. Be sure to know what your base is capable of and understand what is attacking you or what you are attacking. Know your enemy!
One last thing to remember… losing points is worse than not making any. Remember that every point lost is one that has to be made up, plus one in order to win. Access targets carefully and be sure the end result is worth the series of battles that may need to occur to reach the sweet hit.
More Options during RvR
Although every alliance member has the opportunity to help kill teams during a kill event, there most likely will be other options for events other than just kill events during an RvR. Oftentimes there will be Syndicate Events, Training Events, or Building Events. On occasion, you may have a Raid Boss or Garrison event as well.
As mentioned above, be sure to check all of the ways you are able to participate as soon as you are able after the event starts.
Every Member of the Alliance can Participate in a Kill Event
No Matter Size or Spend Level
Other Pro Tips
- Do Not Port Close to Your Target. Porting away from your target helps for a variety of reasons, the main being that it can make reinforcements a bit more difficult. Each second you add to your favor is another you have to speed in your march without the added squad power. Typically just porting off-screen often helps.
- When a Blog Announces a Kill Event, Cycle Through Your Heroes in Hero Gear to Replenish your Stamina Bar- This can help you have the potential for 11 full bars of stamina from all your heroes to begin a Raid Boss Event right off the bat! Since syndicate or raid bosses often accompany kill events, this can help players participate further when they are unable to join kill teams.
- Keep the Free Spots in a Rally for those Adding Squad Members. It’s very important to add full squad capacity, so make it easier on those adding squad members to a rally. Ensure they are added by using the two free spots in the rally screen for those alliance members adding squad to the rally.
- Mark Traps. Trying to get traps to talk in mail helps you to track name changes. Once you identify a trap, blocking them will also help you keep track.
- If You are Trapping, be Sure to Have a Plan. Sometimes part of trapping is to appear offline, so be sure to have your setup complete before the event actually starts.
- Use the Opportunity to Network. Region vs. Region Events is a great way to get to know people in the game. You learn your enemy. Strategies, play patterns, and temperaments become evident. You will begin to see the more successful players start to emerge. RvR is a great time to learn your enemy and connect with other players as well. Some players may have a similar play style to yours and you find someone to discuss strategy. It is also a good way to get to know players before any region merges happen. The possibilities are endless.
I spoke with the WWR Community about their experiences during past RvR events. Here is what they had to say:
“One of the stories I recalled and giggled from RvR was …. some 6 of us players ported over a hive in 547, trying to zero a base we found out he/she was offline. Their team members were trying to reinforce, but our two teams were trying to set fake rallies on those who sent reinforcement. They ended up taking the bait, pulling their reinforcement, and that we finally zeroed that offline base from the second rally lol” – NateChillDog (WWBD) Region #531, Steel
“In a recent raid boss RvR, I decided to rally pretty much any enemy, regardless of their cc level or power. One of these rallies happened to be on a player who I never got along with in RC and was considered an enemy.
My timeline only recently acquired a certain unnamed gear to launch quickly and I used that and executioner gear to set a masq ops rally on him while he was hitting the boss next to a few of his teammates. He was 3 cc levels higher than me, burned, and to my surprise sent nice mail to me saying what I did was “so cool”. Neither he nor his teammates even noticed the rally until it was too late.
A few mails later and an unlikely friendship was born between enemies. I now have yet another contact in my list.” –Unburnable (2Shy) Region #497, Palladium Territory
“There aren’t really any ‘stories’. This is how it goes:
Did the base get reins?
➡️ are they weak?
➡️ ‘ok let’s burn them’
➡️ ‘let’s test and find out’
➡️ ‘ok let’s burn them’”
-TheRealMatt (~Ink) Region #535, Etamin
“Last RvR we had trouble finding bases to burn, so instead of getting capped trying online bases that would get reins, we resorted to hitting other bases that had squad out…whether it be in cp, garrisons, or rallying other bases. At times bases become so strong you have to rally and only when they are vulnerable. Most bigs never get hit and don’t think they can burn…” -MadMong0 (FTP.) Region #519, Granite Front
What Comes Next
Check out the following links for more information on topics you may have questions about:
Other Avenues for Kill Events
More Articles to Help Further Your Kill Event Knowledge:
More Ways to Improve Your Base For a Kill Event
Read these Articles for Further Stat Boosting Items:
The Right Family and the Right Growth:
Keep a Sense of Humor
Take a Look in the Mirror:
More Topics to Brush up On
Some Key Areas to Learn About:
No matter what is occurring, be sure safety is always first!
**NEVER PLAY WHILE DRIVING OR OPERATING A MOVING VEHICLE**
Nothing beats a great kill event! I hope this article has given a satisfactory window of what you can expect during your own Region versus Region Kill event. Happy hunting!
These suggestions are made in order to assist players in the process of playing WWR to best maximize your RvR Event potential and is NOT a guarantee that your exact desired outcome will happen.
I would like to thank the awesome players who assisted with this article on RvR events:
NateChillDog (WWBD) Region #531, Steel
Unburnable (2Shy) Region #497, Palladium Territory
TheRealMatt (~Ink) Region #535, Etamin
MadMong0 (FTP.) Region #519, Granite Front
Join the Conversation!
To speak with our Command Team and others about their RvR experiences in-game, join us on Discord, Line, and Facebook to have more in-depth conversations about the best way to take YOUR first place winner spot. We’ll be there!