Missiles play a key role in World War Rising. There are several different types, which allow a players to do things like deliver resources, attack Syndicates, and attack other players.
Available Missiles are found in the Missile Silo, and there are four different types of Missiles to choose from. Sending a Missile costs gold, and each Missile has a timer before it can be launched. After the prep timer is up, you must go into the Silo and launch your Missile. There is a cooldown period before another Missile can be launched.
Many different targets can be targeted by a Missile:
- Enemy Bases
- Alliance Member Bases
- RSS Tiles
- Water Tiles
You cannot target the CP (Control Point), Gift Tiles or Tiles too far away from you.
Types of Missiles
Supply Drones deliver resources to other members of your Alliance. Food, Wood, Stone, Metal and Energy can be launched into another Player’s base with no tax rate.
These Missiles are used to hit Syndicates. One advantage to these is that they use gold as opposed to Rigg’s Hero Stamina.
These target Food, Wood, Stone, Metal and Energy tiles.
Troop Attack Missiles attack other players. Be aware that, due to the Missile launch timer, they may have time to port away from the attack.
These Missiles target the Mercenary Troops of your enemies. There are two grades of these Missiles;
- Destroyer: Uses Fuel and targets only 1 tile
- Destroyer Mega Missile: Uses Anti Mercenary Missile Fuel, targets 9 tiles and has a shorter preparation time.
Within each type of Missile there are four different types to select. These are dependent on research and each subsequent type covers a larger area. This is useful when targeting a hive, multiple Syndicates or RSS tiles, or giving supplies to multiple players at once. Let’s look at Attack Missiles for an example:
These only hit one square, your main target.
These will hit the targeted square, and four around as shown by the image below.
These hit the center target, plus four squares around them in a “X” shape.
These encompass the entire area directly around the targeted square.
Each type of Missile must be researched, and there are different levels of Missiles. Each Missile research unlocks a new type of Missile/Class.
To target your Missile, simply tap on the screen where you wish to launch to, and choose “Target with Missile.”
You will then be taken to a screen to choose which Missile you wish to use. The upper left side of the screen gives information on the aspects of the Missiles.
- Area of Effect: This shows the area which will be affected by the Missile. The red dot in the center is the tile you selected.
- Effect: This tells what the Missile will do. For Supply Drones, it will list the amount of RSS the recipient will get. For Offensive Drones, it lists the damage.
- Range: How far the Missile can travel.
- Travel Time: How long before it will arrive once launched.
- Speed: Indicates how fast it will travel relative to other Missiles.
- Preparation Time: How long until the Missile can be launched.
If your base is defeated during Preparation Time, or waiting to launch, the Missile will be cancelled. Only one Missile may be prepared at a time. One the Missile is ready, go into the Missile Silo and launch!
Missiles are a great addition to your arsenal, but require research to be highly effective. Be sure to do your research and utilize them!