Life Happens. Everyone has their moments when personal lives outweigh the importance of the game. This is reality. Reality comes first for a healthy balance. On occasion, this healthy balance requires a hiatus from the game to take care of things necessary in real life whether it be work, family or other.
Now here is the catch, depending on the reason for the break, it could last anywhere from two days to a few months. Sometimes even longer. Then comes the moment we realize how much we miss the friends we made, the exciting battles and the thrill of seeing the fruits of our labors.
Coming back to the game, while often inevitable can be daunting, considering all the things that may have occurred while you were gone, from alliance composition or rule changes to updates in the game.
What will make the return the easiest? Let’s discuss several ways to make the transition back into the game a little easier.
The Alliance Family
Log back on to your account and begin exploring. Read blogs and observe kingdom and alliance chat. The first resource I recommend utilizing is your alliance family. These were your people before, for a reason. Speak with old friends to be sure the mission of the alliance is the same and (or) is one that you believe in and can support.
Make sure the environment is still focused on the things you find important. Next, simply ask what new things in the game have come up. This will get you started with surface ideas of where to begin to catch up. If for some reason you do not feel that you fit into the alliance you were previously a part of, it’s time to branch out.
One of the most valuable resources we have at our fingertips is our global gaming community. In World War Rising, we are fortunate to have a very tight and close-knit community that is an abundant wealth of knowledge.
Reconnect with WWR Command. Explore our site here online, focusing on Research, Buildings, Troops (especially Mercenary Troops), vehicles, heroes and boosts. Make sure you are a part of our Line Group and Discord Channel to reconnect with members from all over the game, literally in every region.
Whether your region is old or new, you will find the answers you need in the daily discussions and advice offered by advanced players.
Have a Specific Strategy
Once you have had the opportunity to review blogs, talk to friends, reconnect with the WWR Community and research any new updates, it is time to access your base. The length of time you have been absent from the game has a large part of the planning you will need to do to catch up.
You must first determine how far behind you may be. Were you once a Rally Lead, but now are at a level it would make more sense for you to be a trap? Would you prefer using a trapping strategy, or would you like to go back to rally lead? As there are so many options to grow your base, it helps to first decide what your end goal is.
Here is a quick checklist of items to review no matter what you decide to do with your base:
- Should you raise your Command Center Level? Is the level able to compete with any updates that may have occurred while you were away? Are you able to research at your current level? Can you achieve the stats you need from other buildings at your current CC level?
- Research- What research can you IMMEDIATELY update and what research can you work towards? Which research trees are more important to your end goal?
- Heroes- Are there new heroes? What can they do? Are there updates to the heroes already around when you left? Are there new skills or new mastery skills that you may need to update?
- Gear- What new gear has been introduced? What does it do? Can you counter it with what you are trying to accomplish with your end goal?
- Emblems- As with Gear, what new emblems are there? What updates have occurred concerning them and what combinations may work best with new buildings, research, heroes, or gear that may have been introduced?
- Squad Members- Have new squad members been introduced? Have old ones been updated with skills or levels? Has any new Squad Gear been presented in the game?
- Vehicles- What new vehicles have been introduced? Is there new offensive or defensive vehicles that you can benefit from? (Be sure to double-check you have the best vehicles for defending in your wall also).
- Buildings- Many buildings offer crucial stats needed to succeed in any way, both defensively and offensively. Take a quick look at what your buildings can do and how certain building levels can benefit you. For example, level intel buildings to max benefit. As a bit of extra advice, be sure of your troop composition and make sure you level up buildings you will benefit from. For example, if you have no infantry troops, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to have any War Intel Agencies when you can boost stats for the troops you DO have.
- VIP- Utilize the benefits of a higher VIP level. Since VIP is not overly difficult to achieve, it is not a good indication of what type of account someone is. I recommend achieving the highest level you can.
- Serums- New materials for serums are coming out frequently. Review what materials you currently have and be sure to concoct a few to have on hand for battles.
- Banners- Events have begun to have great rewards including some outstanding banner options. Be sure to look at which banners you may benefit from and how you may be able to obtain them.
- Troops- While leveling your Command Center and improving your research, your base troop capacity will increase. Make sure that you have the appropriate troop count and the types you need to achieve your goals. Mercenary troops are especially important, so be sure to build the proper types needed for your base (review blogs and discuss in the community if you are not sure what the different types of mercs can do and how they may benefit you specifically). Check to see what mercs you may also be able to level up in your Mercenary Training Camp.
Talk to your Alliance Family and see what giftable items they may have hidden away in their inventories that you could benefit from as well. So many players are looking to clear out their inventory and would love to help the family be strong overall.
Other Advice for Returning Players
TAKE YOUR TIME REBUILDING! Unless you plan on maxing your account, take your time and look carefully at the different aspects that will benefit you most. When purchasing packs, look carefully at the items included. Buy the packs that help you stick to the plan you made and have specific items you need.
Events are extremely helpful when coming back as well for many reasons. For one thing, events give you an idea of where the game is currently by how you achieve tiers and what prizes are given for getting them. Another bright side is a bunch of goodies to help you moving in the right direction in a more current and updated way. Events hint at what is important or what may be coming in the game also.
I spoke with a few players about returning to the game recently, and this is what they had to say:
“I 100% had to catch up on new research. Research is always a priority for me. Of course, leveling buildings must come first, but maxing research t your CC level is something I stress to everyone”.
“The first thing I did was ask around about what was new and look through research to see what was new. I worked on Intel Buildings and Champion and Advanced Deployment Research mainly. There are insane boots in all three of those things. I talked to my friends from my alliance AoF. They’re such great people, they’re the main reason I came back. I went back there because it’s my home. Also, as a trap, the first thing I did was burn. The best way to learn is to lose. You find your weak spots and you burn until they aren’t weak spots anymore. ???? ”
Now that you are back, prepared, and ready, it’s time for all the work to pay off! Game ON! The best way to be able to tell if you may be ready is to give it a go. I recommend doing it with members of your Alliance first.
Testing is always the best way to see where you are and what you may need to work on. Testing with many different level Command Centers and development levels will give you an idea of where your new boundaries are. It will let you know what you may look for in a target, or at what level you may need to shield from to remain safe.
Although coming back can the game can seem daunting, it doesn’t have to be. Utilize your resources, especially your Alliance Family and the most amazing Global Community in Gaming, your WWR Command Peeps! Take your time and enjoy the ride.
I would like to extend a special thanks to IceIceRoyRoy from Mineral Dominion in the SWaT Alliance and Boostcobra from Maia in the AoF. Alliance for their inciteful input and contributions to this article.
Hopefully, this article makes the return to the world of dead troops and amazing battles less daunting. If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comments section below or join us on Line or Discord for more in-depth answers and discussions with more detail. We’ll be there!